Although we are based in Townsville city, wilson/ryan/grose has been providing advice and services to our rural clients throughout Queensland for more than 100 years. We provide specialised advice on a wide variety of matters that arise from operating a farming businesses including rural conveyancing, water entitlements, business structuring and succession planning.
We have extensive knowledge of the various land tenures in Queensland and the laws that impact upon farming business and properties. When it comes to the purchase or sale of grazing or farming property or matters affecting the operation of a primary production business, we are well positioned to advise on how to protect your interests.
- Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold land including applications for Ministerial consent
- Sale and purchase of water entitlements
- Sale and purchase of livestock and other assets
- Pre-contract matters including drafting a contract and special conditions tailored to a client’s requirements, making due diligence enquiries on behalf of a client, reviewing, advising on and negotiating the terms of a contract document before it is signed
- Advice on laws that affect rural properties including vegetation clearing, native title and cultural heritage
- Advice on Lease terms
- Leasing and Agistment Agreements
- Advice on Forward-Sell Agreements
- Advice on easements including drafting easement documents
- Advice on the tax implications of proposed transactions including (stamp) Duty, GST, Capital Gains Tax and Land Tax
- Workplace health and safety advice
- Employment matters
- Business structuring
- Succession planning