At wilson/ryan/grose we regularly provide professional administration services to executors to ensure the administration is carried out in accordance with the relevant legislation and in a timely and cost effective manner. Our team is led by a Queensland Law Society accredited specialist in Succession Law.
The administration of a deceased estate can be a difficult and onerous task which, if not done correctly, can lead to significant consequences for both executors and beneficiaries. Complex legal and taxation matters need to be considered. Executors and/or trustees may also have to initiate or defend proceedings if disputes arise.
We provide advice and services in relation to:
- Advising executors and beneficiaries on their rights and obligations.
- Applying for Grants of Administration, including Probate Applications, Letters of Administration and Limited Grants.
- Advice on superannuation and its affect on the estate and executors’ duties regarding superannuation.
- Preparation of estate accounts.
- Filing of Caveats.
- Administering insolvent estates.
- Advising on and administering complex estates.
- Administering testamentary trusts.
- Applications to the court for directions during the administration if there is a need for the court’s supervision or guidance
- Applications to the court to remove executors who are dilatory in their duties or are otherwise in breach of their duties