At wilson/ryan/grose, our team are experts in the field of estate and trust litigation. We advise our clients on their rights and work to achieve timely and cost effective outcomes which ensure the rights of our clients are protected and met. Our team is led by a Queensland Law Society accredited specialist in Succession Law.
Disputes can often arise during the estate administration process. Executors and Trustees may need to initiate or defend proceedings when disputes arise.
We provide expert advice in relation to disputes that arise in estates and trusts, including:
- Acting for beneficiaries in making claims for further provision from deceased estates
- Acting for executors in defending claims for further provision.
- Applications for construction and interpretation of clauses in Wills and Trust Deeds
- Claims in relation to the validity of Wills eg lack of capacity, undue influence
- Claims in relation to constructive trusts and/or breach of promise and other equitable disputes
- Application for removal of executors
- Applications on behalf of executors/trustees to the court for directions regarding administration matters where there may be dispute or uncertainty
- Application for Statutory Wills – Wills made by the court on behalf of a person who lacks capacity to make their own Will.
- Applications to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal incorporating:
- Applications for capacity regarding individuals;
- Applications for removal of attorneys who are breaching their duties or acting inappropriately;
- Applications regarding the validity of Enduring Powers of Attorney.