Our commercial workgroup advises clients upon joint commercial/property and taxation matters of all sizes. Our philosophy is to “get in early” and provide taxation advice to our clients, together with their accountants before any document is executed. This reduces the likelihood of dispute with revenue authorities and therefore saves time and costs for our clients and their accountants.
We can draft and/or review documents, including special conditions, to provide the best taxation outcome for our clients. Advice given will often cross over with other work groups, including business structuring, intellectual property, employment law, insolvency and restructuring. Our clients include first time mum and dad business operators, high net worth individuals, partnerships, charitable institutions, trusts, small/medium enterprises and large corporate entities.
- Income tax advice for individuals, trusts, partnerships, corporate entities and not for profit entities
- Goods and services tax advice – taxable supplies, creditable acquisitions and exemptions
- Payroll tax advice – contractor provisions and grouping advice
- Duties advice – exemptions, concessions and restructuring advice
- Land tax – landholder duty
- Taxation administration and taxation penalties advice