wilson/ryan/grose has an experienced team of family solicitors to advise you on all aspects of family law. This includes for parties who are married or are contemplating marriage and for parties who are or will be living in a de facto relationship.
The approach of our family law team is to assist people in resolving disputes in a way which is both time-efficient and cost-efficient. Family law is a difficult area which can be stressful. We recognise that prudent advice and careful planning from the very first interview, assists clients in resolving disputes efficiently and often without the need for court proceedings.
If family court proceedings are necessary, either with respect to property settlement or children, we advise on the best approach to result in an outcome which is as beneficial to our clients as possible.
Our family law team can assist you in a variety of matters including:
- The preparation of binding financial agreements (prenuptial agreements) for parties who are contemplating marriage or commencing a de facto relationship or who have married or are in a de facto relationship.
- Divorce and separation.
- Advice in relation to children’s issues, including the availability of mediation, the preparation of parenting plans or consent orders and advice with respect to child support.
- Advice in relation to property settlements including spousal maintenance, whether for de facto or married couples.
- Liaising with accountants and valuers to structure property settlements in a way which is beneficial to our clients from a commercial / taxation point of view.
- We consider the effect on estate planning of any property settlement dispute or agreement, so that any family law property settlement issues are not inconsistent with wills, powers of attorney and family trust objectives.
We always take the time to understand the particular family law requirements of each client so as to deliver innovative and cost-effective action and advice.